Wednesday, January 5, 2011

This one is for you Lori!

dress circa 1992
This is the only "relic" I have left from my High School days.  My mom brought this down to me a few months ago.  I have been "dying" to wear it, and responding to your blog (Lori) was the perfect opportunity!!!  Let me tell you about this precious little number!  My mom took me to Chicago to find the "perfect" prom dress.  Much to her disappointment (I'm sure) I did not find THE dress right away.  It took....oh, maybe 6 hours and many, many stores until I happened upon this beauty.  I fell in LOVE!  Well, who wouldn't???  I mean, it is pink, it has beads, it has lace, it has sequins, and it is feminine beyond belief.   I only wish I would have kept the dyed to match heels I had to go with it.  *sigh*
Oh and another bonus to tell you about, I just happened to be watching Wheel Of Fortune a month after my prom, and there was Vanna turning letters in MY DRESS!!!!!  

3 comments:

  1. I love it. You're gorgeous. Maybe we should hit the town together when you come in?? I'm sure we'd get a lot of looks. And it must have been classy if Vanna was wearing it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. May I hit the town with you? The only thing I have from those days are sweats with paint on! Not as classy as you girls are displaying. Love it.

    mom t

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just as pretty as the first time you wore it!

    ReplyDelete

Visitors To This Page