Monday, July 2, 2012

Kids Say

I honestly wish that I would take the time to write down all the funny things and observations that my kids make.  How funny would it be to go through a notebook full of their mindful insights and clever observations 20 years from now?

Saturday morning we were all sitting in the kitchen.  I had our cat Dexter in my lap.  The girls would love it if he would even give them the time of day!!!  Avery asked Chad why Dexter loves mommy so much.  We tried to explain to them it is because I sit still and do not try to pick him up all the time.  I told them that Dexter thinks I am his mommy.  (maybe I shouldn't have said that!!)  Afton chimes in, "Was Dexter in your belly too???"  Oh dear, I really do not want to start explaining where babies come from yet.

Sunday morning we were on our way home from church and there is a DeLorean parked on the side of the road with its doors up.  For those of you who do not know what a DeLorean is, think of the car from Back to The Future.  If you still do not know, please google it or click HERE
Avery was commenting on how cool it would be to have a car that has doors that go up like that.  Chad was being silly and told them that he thinks that car would fly.   The girls thought that would be so cool. (I think one of them actually believes it too!)  Afton pipes up with a huge smile and says:  "We could fly high up to the sky and go see Jesus!"

Now, I will have to keep my ears open and a pen ready for the next darndest things they say!

1 comment:

Visitors To This Page