Thursday, January 22, 2009

Protests, Prunes, and Poops!

Well...it has been a trying time here at the Thomas house. As most of you know, we took away Afton's beloved ba-ba on January 11th. She now goes to sleep without such dramatics. i.e. hours of crying!! Now, she cries for a little while and finally sleeps. However, we have had other issues. She is testing out good ol' mom and dad's willpower of not resorting to giving her a bottle by crying non stop when she gets up in the morning, or just randomly crying at any given moment during the day. I will have to give her credit for her persistance, however we will win this battle!!!! On top of this, we have been having a little bit of issues in the poop department. Since Afton began her strike of sippy cups, she has now become a little constipated due to the fact she is not drinking enough liquid and eating more dairy products. However, today was a good morning. We had poop!! yay!!!! I discovered that my little one's LOVE prunes. They were crying when I took them away. I just thought to myself, if I keep giving them these prunes, I am going to have to cover the house in plastic!! :-)
Avery has also been going through some very big milstones along with her sister. Avery not only has graduated to her big girl bed with flying colors, but she has also given up binkies (okay, she still asks for them, but I tell her that they are on vacation) and she is going pee on the potty very consistently! I cannot express enough how proud I am of her. She is such a big girl now and I celebrate her achievements everyday! She gets to put a sticker on her chart after each time she pees on her little potty and she gets a high five for doing such a good job.
I hope that the next time I blog, I will have some positive news about Afton. We will keep working on her acceptance of drinking from a cup. Wish us luck!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I can't believe that you conquered binkies, bed, and potty all in about 2 weeks!! That is VERY impressive. A new day has come!

    ReplyDelete

Visitors To This Page